Share Your Time…Volunteer
The ministries of Joseph’s Coat offer hope to families struggling with material poverty. Help us help others by volunteering at Joseph’s Coat. Share your gifts. Champions that volunteer are the backbone of Joseph’s Coat. Last year, our champions recorded over 10,000 hours serving at Joseph’s Coat. This is equivalent to five full-time staff.
We are one body with many parts. At Joseph’s Coat, our volunteers play a major role by sharing their unique set of gifts for us to offer stepping stones to self-sufficiency.
- Work with our clients, assisting with check-in and shopping.
- Help behind the scenes sorting clothes, unloading furniture, driving a truck to pick up furniture or leading a shift.
- Work from home using your gift of administration, communication or technology.
- Build relationships with clients and other champions.
- Organize donation drives at your business or church.
Our volunteers range in age from 11 year old students to retired but active in the cause. We have short and long term opportunities to serve. Last year our volunteers donated over 10,000 hours serving our customers.
Joseph’s Coat store is staffed by volunteers:
Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 8 pm
Wednesday & Saturday morning from 9:00 am until noon
Or volunteer outside store hours.
Not Sure Where to Start?
Take a tour! We invite you to take a tour during our store hours. Just let us know when you are available. During the tour you will get to know us better.
Just show up! Many of our volunteers just show up and begin sorting clothes or checking out customers. After they learn more about us, they find other areas to offer their gifts.
Lead a Collection Drive!
- Invite your organization to support our cause by holding collection drives for specific items including children’s clothes & shoes, personal care items, purses, dishes, pots/pans, small appliances.
- Organize a Personal Care Producets drives to help meet our clients’ need for soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, and similar items.
To get started, contact us.
“I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply need to say yes.” – Bob Goff
Tue 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Wed 9:00 am – noon
Thu 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Sat 9:00 am – noon